Tuesday, September 4, 2012

progress.

Nearly a week has gone by since my last post. I've been living. I make no apologies for that. :). I had a fantastic non-stressful weekend. I was able to accomplish several things that weren't on any to-do lists but that needed to be done. I got ALL of my clothes washed, folded, and put away/hung-up. For that reason alone, I'm giving myself a peach milkshake from Chick-fil-A tonight. (and all God's people should be saying AMEN.).

Last week, I bought Lysa Terkeurst's book Unglued. Granted, I don't have kids, but having kids is not a prerequisite for having poor reactions. This season of my life is heavily focused on how I react to things, and (more important than that) how others react to my reaction. I think I'm level headed until I'm in the proverbial hot seat, and then I'm as human as they come. I want my faith and my love for God, and His love for me (and you) to show in ways that my temper doesn't allow. I want to be a better example for me! Lysa spends time in the book talking about progress, and the baby steps of life. Sometimes, it really it just moving forward, regardless of the pace. And I like that. I want that to bleed over into other areas of my life so that I can fully give God the control of my life that He wants and I need.

I generally don't speak to those who read this blog directly, but today I pray that you are making progress too... in whatever area in your life is most burdensome! And that your Tuesday is fabulous.

xoxo,
Jenn

No comments: