Sunday, November 4, 2012

Single part 1

A friend of mine posted a hilarious tweet the other day:

"Me to Jesus: If I can't have sex, I better have some words of knowledge & miracles all up in here"

First off, I died laughing because my friend is hilarious. Secondly, I amen'd her because she's so right. This is how I feel more often than not.

Today I got a text from a lady at church:

can anybody take my place helping in the nursery tonight at 530? i feel awful n 2 ppl already cancelled.

I hate that this lady is sick, but her stinkin' thinkin' barely skins the surface of the frustration I feel sometimes, especially from church people.

Mostly because church people are the worst offenders when it comes to single folks. We have leprosy. We are undesired and unloved. That is, until there's a need, and then it's assumed we have no life and thusly no excuse to not jump in and help do the things that no one else wants to do because they've been blessed with a spouse (and possibly kids). And we should all be jumping to help because, hello... PURPOSE.

I feel that the older I get, and maybe, hopefully it's just a season, but I'm struggling with singleness. At night, my heart aches out of frustration. I get angry when people justify why I'm alone (God's just preparing somebody for you!), and as of the last few days, find myself more and more restless. It's exhausting.

I'm not angry at God. I would just like him to move a little faster. Expedite His plan.

And then there's sex... I should probably pace myself and save that for another post though...

Jenn

1 comment:

Sueann said...

I know the feeling and the frustration. My thoughts and prayers for you that He move that person into your life. And that while you walk this journey that you will be filled with His peace and wisdom.
It's a hard road you are on...my heart breaks for you.
Hugging you
SueAnn