Wednesday, August 22, 2012

rose-colored glasses

I've had a busy few weeks!

apparently I needed a reminder of a few things. I have always struggled with how I view me. I really am my own worst enemy. But lately (and by lately, I have to be real vague!) I've been forced to reevaluate how I view me so as not to skew others view of me.

Case in point: I found this photo today. This was half my lifetime ago. I was a baby.

I thought I was ugly.
I thought I was fat.
I thought I was unlovable.
I thought I would never be good enough.

I was dumb!

I cannot go back and impart wisdom into that girl. But the grown woman in me needs to remember where beauty comes from and that an overly critical nature of one's self is a personal disservice as well as dishonors God.

I will say that I would give a great deal of money to have my 16-year old neck. Lucky girl. :)

2 comments:

Christy (Critty Joy) said...

You really have me thinking after this sentence...
But lately I've been forced to reevaluate how I view me so as not to skew others view of me.

That just struck my heart in a very hard way.
How often do I let what I think of myself skew what others think. Hmmm.

You are so lovely in that photo and I hope your opinion is changing in BIG ways. <3

Sueann said...

Nothing like a little hindsight!!
Sheesh!
What a gorgeous girl!
And lovelier now I am sure
Hugs
SUeAnn