Thursday, January 6, 2011

and some not so lovely things

I have a lot of thoughts floating around in my head.  A bullet list seems somewhat appropriate.

  • Tomorrow's marks the 2nd anniversary of Nathan's death.  I wish I could say that the sting and pain goes away, and it kind of does, but the dull ache is here for good.  As much as I miss him, I'm thankful that he's in heaven, in a whole perfect body (as they are in heaven). 
  • I'm working to get the CF GS Walk stuff posted before tomorrow too.  I may solicit for prayers through this process because it's never easy.
  • I've been feeling extra paranoid this week.  I know it shouldn't be a problem, but whenever I feel like this, it's usually NOT unfounded.
  • the new boss is a welcome respite for my department.  Praise God that the transition of the last few days has been easier than I thought.
  • but there are a lot of other changes (some we know about and some we don't ) coming down the proverbial pipe.  EEEK!
  • Yesterday, my grandfather had to be taken via ambulance for passing out and busting open his head.  Bless his heart!  He's okay now, but nearly scared us to pieces!
  • I realized yesterday that I have never been in the back of an ambulance.  Praise the Lord for that.
  • Last night, I attended a (belated) Feliz Navidad party for our youth.  Earlier yesterday I realized that I don't own any plaid.
  • Like NONE.  And I don't think I've owned anything remotely plaid in about 5 years.
  • My second cousin passed away last night and I had to explain to someone that, if we get the snow they're predicting here, my immediate family will not be able to attend the funeral.  I then had to go on and say that whether we come or not does not influence the situation.  The dead do not get more or less dead.  It's kind of a permanent state and the most awkward convo of 2011 thus far.
  • On that note, I have decided that snow is pretty and fun if your job will call a day off. Mine won't. Therefore I'm praying hard that we get NO snow.
I feel like this is a "down" post, but I need to say that I'm very excited about the possibility and promise that 2011 holds so far.  I am pumped!!

Hope you lovelies are having a wonderful day!!!

xoxo,
me

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes we just need to get out our "down" feelings.

Snow shmow. I never believe it will happen until there are flakes. Seriously...we often get told it is coming and it so doesn't. Call me skeptical.

So sorry about your cousin. Such a sad way to start off the year. Praying for your G-pa. So scary!

That dull ache thing...so. true. <3

Sueann said...

I have been in the back of an ambulance many many times...not fun or exciting! Scary actually!
So sorry about your cousin...my heart goes out to all the family.
And I hear you about the snow. Driving in it is totally frightening and I hate it. I pray for no snow for me and for you.
Hugging you
SueAnn

Mimi said...

Getting the "down" feelings out makes more room for the happy ones, I believe.

I'm happy that your grandpa is OK, and very sorry for the loss of your cousin.

xoxo