Sunday, January 30, 2011

freeze frame.

I seriously doubt anyone remembers that song from the 80's, but I helped a friend with a routine to that song (about 10 years) ago, and after rewinding that tape 155 times, I remember the song.

Except for the words.  I just remember the "Freeze frame duh duh-duh duh duh-duh duh duh".

Wow.  Ramble much? Eek.

Anyway, freeze frame is kind of want I want to do to most of my weekend.  Friday night, my "girls" (for lack of a cool term for my 20's & 30's something single gal friends who love Jesus) and I headed to the nearest big city for dinner at a tapas restaurant and some karoake people watching.  The tapas restaurant was eh, (although I should sidenote and say that they did not make me pay for one of my orders because it was yuck, so they're not all bad), so we went on a second scavage for food which ended up at a delightful little donut shop on the north shore.  If you're ever in the Chatty area, you should swing by Julie Darling Donuts.  They're yummy donuts and the wall decor in the bathroom made me happy (read: 1950's material patterns from ButterickLOVE.)

After that, we headed downtown to Sing it or Wing it.  The people watching in a karaoke place is to die for.  Needless to say, we spent four hours laughing our tails off.

Yesterday, I 1) went to waffle house for breakfast by myself and the guy beside me was trying to get all up in my business, 2) hit BAM, 3) hit B&BW, 4) hit Belk's, 5) hit Hobby Lobby, 6) hit Wal-mart all before 1:00pm, and then followed it up with a run.  I had to be at the church at 4:00 for a photo scavenger hunt (our youth broke the fast together), and was completely worn out by 8:30 last night.  But then I headed to a friend's house until 11:30.

I am still worn out.  Oy.

I am getting so much more involved with the youth at my church, and I'm loving these kids!!  They are so funny. 

Today, I taught sunday school, had lunch with friends, came home, only to develop a fever, took a nap, and now I'm blogging while I'm waiting on my hair color to take.

(I am never truly surprised that I'm still single at 32.)

(the only thing that is missing is some knitting.)

(fortunately, I struggled so much with the needles that I gave that up.  Whew.)

So, that was my stellar weekend.  I'm headed to wash the hair color out and get ready for tomorrow. 

Hope you all had a happy weekend!! :)

xoxo,
Me.

No comments: