Tuesday, January 18, 2011

a random thought.

sometimes in our lives, we invariably run across things we Didn't want to know.  Information that hurts us so deeply that it transforms us instantly.  Other times, we innocently find and discover things that we need to know, although we're still stuck with not wanting to hear.

I had one of those random unexpected discoveries today, and can't help but see how sweet it is to know that I don't have hardness in my heart.

I never cease to be amazed at how much God has done for me in the last four years.  Things I was SO hung up on, and enraptured in, are gone.  I can say with confidence that I don't want the life I never missed out on having.

And I kind of love this moment.  I'm sitting in the back of Panera waiting for a group to come join me (we're having a little meetin'), and I can't quite wrap my mind around what God is doing in my life.  It's all happened so fast that I've resorted to writing it down in a planner and praying to the Almighty that I don't lose that planner!!

I feel like last year was all introspective-y.  Maybe that I was often too introspective-y, but my hope is that I can learn to appreciate that quality about myself instead of loathing it like I have in the past.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

this past week has been filled with thoughts of my husband and daydreams (of sorts) about our life.  I can't help but say little praises to the Lord that HE is bringing Mr. Right for me onto the scene at the right time.  And I'm even more thankful that God is waiting until now (or whenever) to bring him into my life.  I can't regret not getting married in my 20's because that is SO foolish.  Instead, I'm thankful for God's perfect timing for Me.

Thank you Lord for not answering my foolish prayers for "this guy" or "that guy".  I pray that wherever "they" are, that you bless them and their lives. 

And maybe that your perfect time for Mr. Right For Me is sooner than later?

xoxo,
Me

3 comments:

Sueann said...

I pray that it is sooner for you too!! But of course, it will be the perfect time. God is never late! And always faithful!
Hugs
SueAnn

Anonymous said...

Those things you wrote about Mr Right...I completely and utterly agree....I have been thinking about this for the last two weeks and giving Him praise that it has been His time and not mine. I am hoping or sooner for both of us ;)

Love your word for the year by the way...something I definitely need to work on too...being intentional.

Mimi said...

Beautifully written and beautiful thoughts.

Hugs & love,
Mimi