Monday, July 10, 2006

07.10.2006

So I had a blast this weekend!

Friday night – got home and went and saw The Devil Wears Prada with my friend M. It’s the second time I’ve seen it, but it was very cute. Got home around 11, and talked with my roommate until 1. I was exhausted.

Saturday morning – woke up at 7:15, but didn’t get out of the bed until 8 because of late bedtime. Packed and headed to ATL to visit my friend C. He and I went to see Faith Hill and Tim McGraw in concert… and can I tell you how good that was!?! DEFINITELY worth every penny. Late dinner at Café Tu Tu Tango. Got back to hotel at 2:45 a.m.

Sunday – Church at 10:50. Every now and then, I get the privilege of a truly awesome sermon. And Sunday… was a good day! The pastor preached about the word “conversation”. In the original KJV, the word conversation is used several times, a few in reference to actual conversation (like between two people), but in a particular scripture, Ephesians 4:22, the word is used differently:

Ephesians 4:22 (King James Version)
22That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;

And the pastor proceeded with a sermon to explain what conversation meant. I’m paraphrasing at best, but here is a very brief summation:

“From sin to salvation is the transformation of conversation. Where Christian run into problems is when the “old” conversation infects the “new conversation” and changes the new reality.”

He talked about a lot of things, included cyclical conversation, using the example of women who are abused verses women who are not. Our internal conversation affects our external reality. The conversation we have in our both our upbringing and in our minds affects how we interpret another’s conversation.

For me… I thought about the cyclical conversations that I have. I thought about my personal life and how I really need to bind and break those conversations. I don’t want the old to infect the new anymore.

On another note… found about 45 of the healing scriptures. My roommate and I are going to put them up in the house somewhere. I’m ready for the Lord to heal A LOT of things. :)

Okay… gotta run. Will download pictures of a hot cowboy later…

1 comment:

robbinshood said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»