Thursday, July 27, 2006

07.27.2006

I can't believe July is almost over. Where has this month gone too??

Something to be praying about specifically:

I have finally applied for a certification in my profession. I have applied for my CFE – Certified Fraud Examiner. Exciting stuff, I know. This designation has been around for a while, but because of Sarbanes-Oxley, this certification has become a lot more important. Globally, companies have implemented risk management departments and standardized procedures as a part of the SOX compliance. CFE’s are also recognizable in the criminal justice system with investigation into white collar crime. Many CFE’s also become news commentators providing insight into large cases (i.e. Enron). It also deals with compliance and ethics. This is only a portion of what the certification references, but some of the details can be boring.

Now begins the waiting game. You have to apply as an associate and be approved before you can take the test. I know that they have received my application because I received an email today. … and I got ridiculously excited!!! Right now, I have no desire to take my CPA or CMA because I honestly don’t think I want to be an accountant forever. I want to become a teacher within the next few years, but need something to pay the bills in the mean time. My point in mentioning this was to ask anyone and everyone to pray, and thank you in advance for your prayers.

Other than that, life is still busy. After 6 every night – these were/are my plans:

Monday – dinner and walk
Tuesday – Going away dinner for friend. No walk; too full!
Wednesday – Dr.’s appointment, CD release party at place in Chatty (do not recommend), buying baby shower gift, buy meds, home at 12:30a.m I was beat.
Thursday (Today) – Bible Study, figuring out how I’m going to move my bed?. I would like to walk, but I don’t see that happening.
Friday – graduation commissioning for my friend Kristen (whom I am SO PROUD of).
Saturday – Graduation, Baby shower, Ocoee Rafting (I’m setting up the picnic; I will not raft again), and birthday party.
Sunday – Supposed to go to the river for another going away party/family thing, but I’m not sure.

Can I tell you I’m a little exhausted to write all this? But I’m thankful!

Dr’s visit went good yesterday. Now begins another process with self-discipline. Allow me to quote the Little Engine that Could when I say, “I think I can, I think I can.” And… I will. :)

1 comment:

Holly said...

Are you doing okay...you mentioned a Dr's visit???

So when you get all ready to teach..you call me and I will tell you how much I miss it *smirk* Uh...not!! Just kidding...maybe teaching high school or something wouldn't have been so bad.

How goes the reunion plans?