Tuesday, August 15, 2006

08.15.2006

Random things:

1) Got test results back from my doctors visit three weeks ago. These were normal tests (blood, etc), and all the results were normal. PTL.
2) Threw a baby shower this weekend for friends -- don't want to talk about it.
3) Ready for life to be Not so busy.
4) Ready to see my brother. Two days. Halelujah!

Work is work... some days, I feel like I have the Midas touch, other days, I shouldn't touch anything because it all falls apart. Maybe everybody feels like this, maybe I'm just melodramatic, maybe no one feels this way. Oh well. Work... is still work. :) At least I get paid weekly.

Had a reunion meeting this weekend. The entire weekend, I was bombarded with information about classmates. I did not realize how NAIVE I was through high school. While it makes me sad that I missed so much, I am also grateful that I missed so much. No, that sentence is not intended to be paradoxical. I really gave people the benefit of the doubt, you know? Even now... I think of them positively. Wow. It reiterates how much God has blessed me. There are times when I wish God would bless me the way I want him to, but I am thankful that He does things in his own time, not Jennifer's. I would have missed out on so much! The meeting went really well, and we were able to make a lot of final decisions. The next few weeks will definitely be interesting -- seeing if people pay their money and all. Hopefully they will. Please Lord, let them pay their money!!! I am so thankful to be a part of this all though, the planning process that is. I have realized alot about myself, and may not have realized it so quickly were it not for this.

Weight... last night, Kristen and I ran about 3/4 of a mile, and walked almost six miles. It was a BIG deal! I don't think I've done good this week... tonight and tomorrow will be the chance to really make a difference. We'll see.

I'm reading The Five Love Languages by Dr. Gary Chapman. This book has been around for a long time, but I've never taken the time to read it. Can I tell you how good it is??? I'm not 100% sure what my love languages/dialects are, but I'm getting closer each night. Reading through this book makes me think of other people and what their languages are. I may also read The Five Love Languages of Children to see if I can learn more.

Receive the companion guide to For Women Only and had an extremely interesting discussion with a friend of mine. I still have alot to learn about communication, because last night when I was asking questions, I felt like they weren't received like I intended them, and that frustrates me. I want to be able to be clear on things. I"m still working on explicit emotion, and it's difficult. I'm allowing this reunion stuff to make me digress. Okay... that could be an excuse but there are times that it's just not worth telling everybody how I feel. There is no effect for the greater good. Anyway... still lots more to read!!!

Okay... I've gotta get back to work. Later!

1 comment:

Holly said...

girl....do tell about all the THS gossip!! LOL I found out things too during our reunion. Some of it I knew...some not. Some of it blew my booty out of the water. So, email me...anyone I know??? So nosey aren't I!