Monday, September 25, 2006

Privacy

What is the deal with privacy? Today, I received an email from an old classmate asking me and a few others to exclude her from emails or bcc her, because she wants to keep it private. I received another email from a friend saying that she is making her blog private. What's going on? I totally understand that everyone doesn't need to read everything -- don't mistake what I'm trying to say, but why the influx today? I have several friends who have their myspace accounts set to private, and I get exasperated sometimes thinking that, if you don't want people to see your life, don't put it out there. I had a friend in the past that kept alot of stuff private becuase she didn't want her children's faces to wind up where they didn't belong, and I get that, but this is getting excessive. I'm not one to send out alot of forwards and the like, and when I do, I almost always, like 99% of the time, delete all that formatting junk that clutters an email. I did apologize (sort of) to the classmate, but did also let her know that no one asked about her. (She didn't come to the reunion because she was pouting, and frankly I just think she needs to grow up and get over stuff. But anyway.) Just seemed like a lot of Privacy talk for one day.

I'm exhausted from this weekend -- I tutored most of Saturday and cleaned yesterday, but am still not feeling 100% from last week's sickness. But I start belly dancing tonight, so I've got to find some energy. :) And... I'm going to have to completely reteach myself a few subjects, like Calculus, and I'm not terribly excited about that either.

In other news:
1. Cannot find pictures of me and C. dancing.
2. People are still making catty remarks about the reunion.
3. Obviously some people did not grow up.
4. I really want to confront someone who said something NOT NICE about my date and I, but when I do, I know I will attack her, and I don't want to be responsible for that. God please forgive my humanity for wanting to deal with her/revenge.
5. Got two compliments today -- made me feel so good!
6. None of my clothes fit. Its getting out of hand.
7. Will be in NY on Friday night. Yay!!
8. My friend A. is coming down this weekend and I will totally miss her.
9. Found a picture of a friend and I that I really like.
10. Updated my myspace profile last night. :)
11. Really need to start reading more aggressively and follow up on my 7 habits coursework.
12. Finally got my praxis book in the mail -- totally gonna kick my butt.

Gotta run!

No comments: