Monday, January 23, 2006

Some people!

Do you ever find that some people just suck at being people? Let me clarify my statement with this: we are human, and infested with sin from birth. We are going to, at various times, just suck for every variety of reasons. The beauty of mercy and maturity is to realize this, and make progress. I will be the first to say, I am notorious for taking one step forward, and two steps back. There. But I find people in and out of my life who just suck and being people. They make a concerted effort to either be mean, or manipulative with, I guess, the surmise that they are either invincible or that everyone else is too oblivious/ignorant to be paying attention. This infuriates me. It infuriates me when I do it, simply because God is a just God, and knows that I need to be humbled and promptly does so. Please don't think my moments of ridiculousness go without some rebuke. That is the farthest thing from the truth. I hate when I get a God 'spanking'. It's even worse though when I feel in my heart and spirit that disappointment.

Anyway... I'm sorry for the soapbox, but this week has been a frustrating week. I did however buy a book that I would like to recommend. It's by Joshua Harris (I kissed dating goodbye) and it's called Sex isn't the problem (Lust is). Definitely recommend it to everyone. To my youth pastor friends -- it's awesome for teens. I also bought a book on Speaking in Tongues by two Lee professors and a C.S. Lewis book The Problem of Pain.

Well... my silver bullet is in the shop tonight. I am sad. I am driving a rental G6. If and when I buy a new car (I have no interest whatsoever), I would like a Buick Rendezvous. I think it's very nice. My goal is a house though, and I know the bullet has a few more miles yet to drive.

Work is going wonderful. I got my first review back today. I work for one person, but we directly report to two other Big-Wigs. My review went well, but what made it even better was that these two big guys have both spoken with my manager about how well I mesh with the department and the energy I bring, and how they enjoy my being apart of the team. This is not a brag session, but after getting fired -- this is a big step. God is merciful to me far beyond my wildest dreams -- All the time. Also, my mom is doing much better. The therapist made her lay on a table and pushed her arm all the way back to the table. While she described how excrutiating the pain was, we are quick to rejoice in the fact that she is getting better ALL THE TIME. Everyday is better. Thank God for her healing!

Oh,... one last thought... yesterday was Sanctity of Life Day and the 33rd Anniversary of Rowe v. Wade. 46 million babies have been killed. That's the equivalent of like seventeen or eighteen U.S. states. As our keynote speaker pointed out, it's now a new 'leg of the race', and we must continue to fight harder than ever. I encourage you to get involved with your local pregnancy care center if you can.

Nite nite!

No comments: