Thursday, June 29, 2006

06.29.2006

The last few days have been very interesting. Yesterday was bad, but got much better last night at church. The pastor’s wife teaches the class I attend and she’s been speaking about “breaking the strongman”; last night was specifically about the spirit of Infirmity. She did a truly incredible job. Last night, Sharon (PW) spoke about Jesus healing ministry and how he literally healed everyone that asked Him. If you sought him, you were healed. Total no-brainer. Last night was on remembering how the Word was in Jesus and Jesus fulfilled the word, and that when we speak the word, it’s like asking Jesus face-to-face. Jesus never turned down one person that asked if he could heal them – so why do we doubt and not ask? There’s tons more, but if you want the full message – email me. She did however give two scripture that are TOTALLY worth sharing:

“Praise the Lord, O my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name.
Praise the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his BENEFITS (my emphasis)
who forgives ALL your sins and heals all your diseases,
who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion,
who satisfies your desires with good things so that you youth is renewed like the eagle’s.”
Psalm 103:1-5

“For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any two-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account.”
Hebrew 4:12-13

And I totally needed that attitude check. God is still the sovereign God of cancer, obesity, depression, attitudes, impure thoughts, skin disorders, broken hearts, … He’s still God of all of it and in control.

Work has been a little stressful. Okay… quite stressful, but it’s just one of those spells where it’s not so much fun to be there. I believe I have resolved the housing situation. Finally! I have lots to do this weekend as my brother will be in town. And, I think that’s all.Later…

No comments: