Friday, November 2, 2007

I have...

been doing alot of observing the last few weeks. Noticing the way things change, and others stay the same. Trying to figure out commonalities. Trying to notice stuff.

Okay... you know, that's a bunch of crap. I notice stuff all the time. I am observant. I think that, following a conversation I had this week with a friend that I don't always do the best job of explaining to people what I observe. There's more to that story, but it's somebody else's personal story, so the buck is stoppin' here.

I feel like I'm turning into this cynical 40-year-old Old Maid who chain smokes. I've been SOOOOO blunt with people lately, it's ridiculous. For example, I have a guy friend that I adore. He's handsome, but (strangely enough) I don't have a crush on him. He calls all the time, and we usually have a scheduled dinner once a week. So, during our weekly, I asked him more questions about the women he's interested in. So, he courteously divulged. And then I asked:

"How come, you spend significant time with female friends who are nothing like the woman you are looking for?"

Because to me that's using someone as a time filler until something better comes along. Maybe I'm wrong in thinking that, but I've been burned too many times by guys who do that. Reading Sunburned's post today, (to me), only reiterates my point. If you spend time with me, You invest in me. There's no getting around that. So, instead of spending alot of time with me, split your time up.

Does that make sense?



This weekend is homecoming for my Alma Mater. I'm nervous, excited, anxious, and altogether one big internal bundle of nerves. A friend that was supposed to come down won't be because of illness. I will miss you!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

So what did he reply???