Tuesday, February 12, 2008

...

I've somehow contracted A.N.O.T.H.E.R virus, and am therefore sick... again. BOO. I blame New Guy. He's been sick since he started... in October. I sat him down in my office and told him to go to the doctor and go get better, because I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired.

He said, "It's not me."

Then coughed.

ONLY PROVING MY POINT.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

My boss's daughter is in Washington D.C. this week. I had the privilege to go to D.C. when I was nine... yes, 20 years ago, but still remember it very vividly. And, since another friend has recently relocated, it's only propagating my desire to go back... and soon. Plus, D.C. is one of the few places that I have been that my brother has not. Not that we're keeping score, 'cause I totally am.

Megan called us from the White House (well, outside the White House), and I had a few minutes to revel in sweet, fond memories. I will promptly be planning a trip to visit the Nation's capital by year end.

Plus... as a random factoid, when I visited Montecello the first time, I was mesmerized by the beds. The beds were very HIGH four-poster canopy beds. It intrigued me because most of the people at Montecello were very short, but they believed that higher beds kept bed bugs away. As a result of that completely permeating my mind, it is the reason that I love love love love love my Queen Anne Rice bed (a very similar canopy-less four-poster bed), which btw, requires anyone shorter than 5'7" to jump on it. I do have a stool to step on though. :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did have the privilege to go home to my parents this weekend and clean out the basement. We took three loads to the dump, including at least 30 cardboard boxes, 15 bags of trash, 20 sheets of ghett-O paneling, a door, and some window screens.

In the process, we went to use my SD's shopvac to clean up the floor. He's lost a piece (unbeknownst to us), and I basically got dusted with the backdraft of what we were vacuuming up.

Have I ever mentioned that I have ridiculously severe allergies? Just checking.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

A shoutout -- today is my Papa Calhoun's birthday. He's 81!

No comments: