Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Just me...

It's about 1:15 here, and for the most part today, I have been relatively unproductive. I went and mailed my two books sales from Amazon (I'm still praising Jesus about those!), stopped by Office Depot, and ran to the mall to grab something to wear tonight. I completely forgot that my company has been given Bank of America tickets to the Braves game tonight, so I had to buy a shirt. Fortunately for me, I keep shoes in my car at all times. I was totally disgusted with every single pair of blue jeans I tried on, so I am wearing black shoes, black pants, a black 3/4 length hoodie which is ridiculously cute, and a white tank. Despite the fact that I am seemingly inappropriately dressed for a outdoor funeral, I'm pumped. I haven't been to a Braves' game in four years at least. !!! I do have some lovely pink necklaces that I failed to send to some friends of mine now weeks and weeks ago, so I may sport a pair. Wait for the pictures! :)

Other things I've done this morning include reading sweet blogs about Moms and their babies. And it made me happy and sad, all at the same time.

I, like most women my age, (geez I feel 45 saying that), want babies. I want lots and lots of babies. They're loud, and fussy, and messy, and poopy, and expensive, but they give what money can't buy... Love. My friend K. lets me love on her babies as much as I can, and I do dode on them lavishly. They are sweet and funny, and while Riley is a mess, I am careful to remember that she won't be long little, and that if I blink too hard, she will be too big to love and tickle. So, I squeeze her and spend as much time as I can with her and her baby sister who is starting to laugh at everything now. I love it.

And so the heart of this single woman is broken yet hopeful for what God is going to do.

And to all of you Moms out there, hug your babies.

----------------------------------------------------------

Enough of the waterworks...

This morning on the radio, I heard about two men who were apparently arguing in Snellville, Georgia, and the argument escalated. When the police got there, one man was dead, and the other man had no arms.

WHA-WHAT?

Apparently, the police were as confused too.

----------------------------------------------------------

Last night, I had two boxes of DZT stuff to go drop off. So, I made a last minute decision to go pick up a cookie and some snacks and visit the girls. Before any of you think I'm some sad Alumni who can't move on -- this is not the case. I even told the girls last night.

I have a good job, I make great money. But, (as mentioned above), I am not married, and I don't have kids. Yes, I could invest my money in stuff, but you know what? I can't take one lick of that to heaven with me. No houses or cars needed in heaven. No clothes, or Wii's, or TV's, or skinny jeans. None of that. When it all boils down... it's about love. And if God puts people on my heart to love, then it is just as much my calling to buy a cookie as it is to give out the clothes to the less fortunate, (conveniently, I have two bags in my car which will be distributed this weekend), or as it is to be in Africa.

I did realize after I left that, since I talk so fast, there is a possibility that only a few of them ACTUALLY understood what I said. But God knows my heart, right? LOL.

No comments: