Thursday, September 6, 2007

My life,... believe it or not... is fairly quiet at the moment, in an odd way, but I have friends who read my blog, so I'm not going to expound. But, I've noticed the weirdness. It makes me uncomfortable, but, having spent all my time saying stuff, ... saying stuff changes nothing. So, my only resort is to be silent, and weather whatever this is, albeit unnamed, or unnameable.

In a totally unrelated topic, can I just tell you how good my bible study stuff is? Priscilla Schirer did a good job. Yay for her.

And I bought the new John Ortberg book, because, (let's face it), I love reading his books almost as much as I love watching David Caruso.

And not to rip off his title, the bottom line to life is that, in the game that is life, when the game is finished, all the pieces go back in the box. We can't immortalize a moment of victory, or failure for that matter. I thought about Leona Helmsley wanting to dictate from the dead, but you know what... she can't. Now, nobody wants her $12 million dollar dog, and while it was her wish for that puppy to be buried with her, there are state laws that prohibit her from doing such.

When you're dead, you can't dictate what happens with the living.

Call me simple, but I think that's why Christ AROSE from the dead.

(Actually, my heart just got very excited.)

Now for the soapbox:

We've really got to stop living as though we can capture the moments of success and failure in time, because when the sands run out of the hourglass, we can't. It is an appointed time to stop playing the game, and head to heaven or hell, depending on HOW you played the game. We can't take the money with us. We have a little say in who gets it when we die, but irregardless, we don't get to keep it. And taking it with us completes purges any value it had. And it's not like we're going to be fuming in our casket, moseleum, or urn wondering why our families didn't do what we asked or planned.

Because we can't dictate from the dead.

I'm so thankful that my Savior, Your Savior, got up out of the grave to show the devil who the boss is. From the grave, Jesus dictated Satan's end. He died to give us new life, and rose from the dead so that we know it's real.

It's real y'all.

Stop living like you can take it with you.
Stop waiting for "that moment".
Be now.
Do now.
Say it now.
Act now.
Live now.

We don't get another now, and we're not promised tomorrow.

No comments: