Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Inspector Gadget

I had dinner with a good friend of mine last night. At Outback. YUM! :) And as we were chowing down on a Bloomin' Onion, Queensland Salad, and Alice Springs Chicken, Priase Him Y'all, we discussed what was going on in our lives, blogging (becuase this friend has faithfully read my rantings since I revealed the url to her -- thanks!), relationships, counseling, and the group of friends we hang out with. We also had a lovely conversation about a server who has hair that is a cross between Elvis and The Fonz. My friend would really like to sit down and have a convo with him about how he wound up where he did. Because, when you run across somebody that intrigues you, your curiosity is always peaked to find out how they came to be who they are.

I digress.

Somewhere in the middle of dinner, I said something so funny that my friend nearly choked on her water.

My friend is getting a Masters in Counseling, and just finished reading a book about Choice Theory. I'm not a counselor, or working on a degree, so please do not crucify me if I goof this up. (Or FRIEND, you could leave a comment.) Choice theory, as I understand it, is basically counseling by asking questions about actions without ever digging up the past. 'Cause some things are better left un-dug up, ya' know?

No comments: