Friday, March 7, 2008

Unwind

I wish I had some cutie little story to tell you from this week, but I am thankful to say that, this week has been relatively uneventful. Most of that (I'm sure) is due to the fact that I have stayed home and rested at night. I've fallen asleep by 7pm the last two nights. I believe (not really) that this is my body's way of catching up from all the sickness that's going around. And, if I'm not ever-mingling with the general population, I have a lower risk of getting sick again.

Oh, except for New Guy.

He sounds rough, y'all.

Since I am kind (or cautious, whatev...) I have made sure to give him 2000 milligrams of Vitamin C a day. He finally went to the doctor today to get some meds. And I gave a shout of praise!!

Unrelated to that, I'm putting together a team for Great Strides. It's the walk for Cystic Fibrosis. I have a friend who has the disease, and frankly, I'm just tired of this disease wearing him out. I'm having t-shirts designed, and after talking to my friend's father this morning, I'm hoping that we're really going to have a good turnout. Plus, we've got some other fun stuff in the works!!

Lastly, and again unrelated to topics aforementioned, I am really in the mood to cut my hair. My plan has been to donate my hair in June after I get back from Mexico, but the last few days, are taking a toll on me. Currently, I have fifteen inches to donate. I don't think I necessarily look good with super-short hair, but dealing with all that I have is getting ridiculous. I mean, I've blown up TWO hair dryers in the last two weeks. I seriously don't know how Crystal Gayle ever got her hair dried! Oy! In case you just started reading, with the exception of the last two years of my life, I've always been an emotional hair cutter. Two years ago, after something drastic in my life happened, I decided it was time to turn it over to Jesus once and for all, and begin the 90-day rule meaning that, I can't do anything major to my hair until 90-days after the event that I deem drastic. Plus, there was the nasty hair incident of 2006, and frankly, I still think I'm scarred from that. :) I know my hair stories are keeping you on the edge of your seat, no?

I went looking for the link to when I messed up my hair royally and lost my train of thought.

Maybe that's a good thing? Oh well... maybe I'll remember later, and update.

Oh... but I did find a picture. Gasp with me if the Spirit moves you, 'cause it was bad. VERY bad.

No comments: