Monday, May 26, 2008

the time has come


Dear Horatio Caine,

I am at a loss for how to start this, except to just blurt out the truth and tell you that, it's over. We are over. We've had fun, it's been a beautiful ride, and I still care for you deeply, but the time has come for us to acknowledge that all good things must come to an end.

The last year-and-a-half of my life have been absolutely fabulous. We've laughed. We've cried. We've caught the bad guys. We've made sure innocent victims receive justice. We took pictures together. I mean... we've shared so much. But you've changed lately. You are not the man I first fell for. You're different. A vigilante. And now... I'm different. We've been growing apart the last few months, but it was today, when you had a all day marathon, that I realized, I didn't want to watch you anymore. It was today that I truly realized that I have fallen for another man. He's younger. He has a beautiful (and sometimes scary) mind, but he makes me giddy. He makes me smile. I bought all of his available seasons before I'd even started building my collection of seasons 1-5 of Miami. This shames me a little, but I even replaced your picture on my cell phone... what can I say.

You must know that, a part of me will always love you. In the fall, when you return, I can't say that I won't question my feelings again. I'm sorry to do this now, but I don't want to string you along until the fall premier week. You deserve better. I deserve better.

And please don't be upset with Matthew. He's on a different day and time. This was my decision.

All my love,
Jennifer

1 comment:

Bitsy said...

EXCUSE ME ~ who's Matthew??? I mean, all the times of laughter, crying, and you even found me in NY for a picture. Not to mention the laminated pics of me and the magnets that that sweet friend gave you!! I might have to change the whole return season of Miami next fall. How can I not just die on that tarmac with this news? My heart hearts, oh dear Jennifer, how my heart hearts. I will always love you, Horatio