Monday, April 30, 2007

Sand in my soul...

Oh Interpeeps… how I wish I had a laptop?!? I wanted to blog so bad on Saturday morning that I almost couldn’t stand it!

For those of you who don't read past this entry, I went to Florida with my best friend, her sister, and two two-year olds (cousins), that are six days apart.

It was the best vacation I’ve ever had. :)

Thursday was a little rainy, but we were able to get out on the beach after the rain subsided. The sand felt so good in between my toes! Friday was fabulous! The water was cold, I won’t lie, but it was so wonderful to be there! I got sunburnt within two hours. (FYI – Sunburnt is not actually a word, but I didn’t get just medium well, I was Well Done! I even sunburnt my ankles!) Friday we ate at Pineapple Willy’s, which was just a half a mile from the condo we stayed in. It was B.E.A.UTIFUL! (Coincidentally, our condo was less then 500 feet from Club LaVela, and NO, I didn't stop by for a visit!) Saturday just brought more sun, and better beach toys. Yes, I love to build sandcastles!! I was however, in the presence of a two-year old sand castle destructor, so they last only a short time. Sunday, we packed up, and then got back in the ocean. I actually rode over halfway home with a bathing suit on. It was absolutely wonderful!

There were some interesting things:
1) Two year olds will bicker over anything. Let me reiterate ANYTHING. There was a Tonka fire truck that I wanted to anoint and throw out the window in the name of Jesus!
2) Sand is seriously good for your feet. I can’t stress that point enough. I got the best pedicure this weekend too. Nature is better than a nail salon, and it’s free!
3) This weekend was just plain ‘ole therapy for my soul. I have had a MEGA bad attitude lately, and this was what I needed.
4) Flip flops and plastic sharks are good for whippings.
5) I think I said the phrase “poo poo in the potty” like 100 times this weekend. I seriously doubt I’ve used that phrase in over a year.
6) I did not want to come back
7) I’m ready to go again.
8) Soon.

I really couldn’t sleep this weekend; I’m not sure if it was the excitement, or what. I woke up around 6:45 every day, only to realize that I wouldn’t be able to fall asleep. Saturday morning, I decided to get up and go walk on the beach, and that’s when I decided, it’s imperative that I move somewhere with sand, and ocean, and peace. I had a good prayer time on the beach, and read a little from my Ortberg book about forgiveness and anger.

(**Lots has been happening in my little world, and don’t you know that I would read the section about forgiveness and anger after I’d already let my temper erupt? I’ll hit that topic later.**)

Like I said, it was just good to be out there. I cried and prayed, and took a few picture of the sand to remember what the Holy Spirit was speaking to my heart. I needed a vacation for my body, but more than anything, for my soul.

I even teared up a little bit yesterday when I got back into town because coming back made me heartsick. I know the Lord births different plans in our hearts. I’ve been privileged during the last ten years or so to be blessed by seeing what God is doing in other people. But I know that I know that I know that I know, that God’s plan for me involves sand, and I got my confirmation this weekend.

If you haven’t been on a vacation, I highly recommend doing so, and doing it very soon! And take a two-year old, and your own shovel.

No comments: