Monday, February 27, 2006

STILL sick, wild weekend, and possible New Digs

I still have this crap. Saturday, I sounded like a 13 year old boy going through puberty. My voice was on different octaves for every other word. It was hysterical.

Friday, a friend from NC drove down, and she, another buddy, and myself drove to ATL to see a ANother Friend. We had SO MUCH fun. We got to meet my ATL buddy's fiance (who was alot more quiet than we anticipated), although that was in part b/c friend #1 pounced on said fiance as we walked in the door. We had dinner and laughed, and got to see ATL's beautiful house (which is now on the market). Saturday morning, us four girls got up and drove to Alabama to see three more friends. I know this is all vague, but I'm trying not call names. We were able to see more houses, a husband, a picture of another husband, and my friend B.'s prospect husband Vin Diesel. (His picture is matted and framed on the credenza in her living room -- no joke.) We went bowling (using our sorority nicknames) at this GHETTO bowling alley. There was duct tape on the ball returns -- it was hysterical. We ate lunch, we ate dinner (I tried wings for the first time -- I don't see what the big deal is, I mean, it's a chicken finger with a bone.) We laughed, and took the most hysterical pictures that I would be shot and killed for if I were to post them. Anyway... we had so much fun. Sunday morning, our friends cooked us breakfast, and we left. Not before hiting Talladega. My friend M. knows how special she is to me, and we had fun, even though we almost got in real trouble with security. What's a little danger?

We were all exhausted! The ride home was fun, and bittersweet. This weekend was definitely worth the anxiety! Getting to see old friends, and making plans to do it bigger and better again soon!

Last night, after all that drama, I find out that my neighbors are moving, and that their house/duplex is going for sale. SO... (drumroll, big dramatic pause), I am going to talk to a banker to find out how much I can take a loan out for. I am serious about becoming a home owner. Craziness! So... that's where I'm at. I've been paying off my debt left and right (for good reason of course!), and hopefully I will be able to see things come to fruition. I am actually excited at the prospect of being a homeowner. You know... fixing my house like I like it! (Maybe even using this sewing machine I've had for two years too!)

Here's a pic of the girls this weekend!

No comments: