Monday, March 5, 2007

Grace like Butter in Action

This weekend, was interesting, well, as all my weekends are interesting.

I received a phone call Friday morning that scared me. It shook me up. It rocked my proverbial boat.

I hate being vague, I can tell you that the situation is resolved, and God moved. GOD MOVED! Crazy!!! I got to see Grace like Butter. It's so thick that you can't escape it. It permeated every part of my heart and every part of the situation. God spread Grace like butter in my life.

**************************************
Last night, I went to a birthday dinner for my friend K. We had such a good time!! :) I'm including a picture from last night, because the ONE guy in the middle, definitely looks like a lucky man, doesn't he?

**************************************

I have another friend who is struggling with a very serious situation that is out of (their) hands. Listening to them, my heart is broken for lack of faith in believing that other people can stand in the gap and be an intercessor. I am struggling with what to say to this person, because I feel like my words fall on deaf ears. And I'm not sure what to do but pray about it. I have come to realize, hardcore in these last six months, that I have nothing else to stand on but God. I mean, nothing else. Things have been torn out from underneath, and all that is left is God Almighty. He is everything. God is God, sovereign, good, loving, but still God. Sometimes, we go through trails because God is testing our faith. He never tests us beyond the strength that He has given us to endure the journey. And on the flipside, we are able to see that the journey was necessary for growth. Like the simple fact, you can't get to the top of the mountain without climbing it. You must endure the climb, the steepness, the change in air pressure, in order to see the fullness and glory at the top. The journey back down to where you began is no less important. A climber will tell you it can be just as dangerous, because of the euphoria you feel at the top. Life is full of mountain-top moments where we can clearly see Him. But He loves the journey with us, because we are pressing on for a purpose... we are pressing on for a goal.

God is the God of the journey for me. Just ask me. (Okay, you don't really have to ask, because I am notorious for just offering info.) He is The Almighty of the greatest adventure. He is the God of Love. (Do you remember falling in love? It's a journey... ups, downs, valleys, pitfalls, and wonderful euphoric top-of-the-mountain moments.)

He is my Good God of the Journey, and I don't want to know what I would be without Him.

No comments: