Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Thankful Tuesday

Things I am thankful for:

  • grace
  • mercy
  • Love
  • Flavored water so that Lent is easier.
  • Good books
  • hugs
  • photographs
  • being understood
  • My family
  • the spiritual heritage that my grandparents formed
  • My roommate J.
  • my king-size pillow
  • funny cards
  • little notes
  • good hair days
  • the fact that I like my hands
  • bible studies that feed my soul
  • COMMENTS
  • biblegateway.com -- without I would not be able to so easily look up every possible translation of a scripture
  • warm afternoons
  • snow in winter!!
  • fitting into the first pair of Jeans I try on
  • my really good job
  • co-workers that I care about and who bless my life
  • God's provision for my husband :)
  • My best friend L.
  • history with people, so that you can pick up a conversation even when you haven't seen them in a while
  • Salvation (I just wanna shout!)
  • Being forgiven
  • good P&W songs (I'm into Rita Springer right now... awesome!)
  • Clinique -- (actually other people should be thankful that I use it!) :)
  • getting to sleep in
  • daylight savings time changing so that it's not SO Dark SO early
  • My big blue bible
  • journals
  • two cell phones -- everybody thought it was excessive, but it is a blessing!
  • The Holy Spirit moving in my life so "loudly" these last six months
  • that God knows what I need, and loves me enough to not let me have what I think I want
  • Babies... good gravy all the babies!
  • being able to travel to NYC and stay for free... :)
  • my entire college experience
  • friends who know me well enough to ask what's wrong and know when I'm not being honest, and pressing on anyway
  • all those faceless bloggers who have encouraged me with their words
  • Good quotes
  • Scripture -- the Word IS Alive -- living and powerful
  • Cute shoes
  • Freedom
  • Hawaii
  • David Caruso -- (y'all didn't think he was going to be left off this list, did you?)
  • green and pink pens
  • The person who invented hair color, specifically, the founder of Clairol. (I am deeply indebted to you.)
  • text messages when I need them.
  • snail mail
  • anything lavendar and vanilla
  • Provision
  • faith -- that I have something to believe in
  • Healing power
  • prayers that pierce and penetrate the Throneroom of God
  • Coca-Cola and Dr. Pepper
  • a desire to be organized
  • new sheets
  • emailed devotions that are EXACTLY what I needed to hear/read TODAY
  • **(updated) Family Feud, and my friend A. who would be my first choice to go on the show.

I think that hits the high points. Today is just one of those things where I want to remember what I'm thankful for, and how blessed I am. You should do the same. Write them down, so that you can read them.

"I said to the Lord, "You are my Lord; apart from you I have no good thing." " Psalm 16:2

1 comment:

Butterbean said...

If you're going to include David Caruso, I'd think you should also include...
Family Feud and the people I'd pick to go on it with you!