Thursday, March 22, 2007

The Countdown is on...

That's right ... in 22 1/2 hours, I will be in New York City. I love it. This is my getaway.

I'm so excited about a trip out of town. And I love that this place gets to be my out of town, too! My Mom and I are flying out EARLY in the morning, and will meet my brother around 9:00 a.m. While we are not entirely sure what we are going to be doing this weekend, I can assure that it will be so sweet to just be with my Mom and my brother. Don't get me wrong, I love my family, but it was Mom, John Mark, and me for so long... and we don't get to have that time often with JM living so far away. We will probably be painting my brother's apartment; thank God it's only 250 square feet. Hopefully, we can knock that out before lunchtime tomorrow. JM and I are planning on taking my Mom to a show -- she hasn't been to a show since 1974, when she was in California. I'm going to try to see some friends in the city, and catch a good church service! More than anything, I just pray that I will get some perspective and "new air" in my body. Time away from CleveVegas will help me appreciate it so much more!

Much love...
~jlc~

No comments: