Friday, March 2, 2007

Grace like _______

I've heard that statement a thousand times finished with the word Rain. I've even sung that song.

Today, I was trying to figure out a title that was more appropriate to my situation and all I can come up with is "Grace like butter". That's right butter. Thick, immovable, hard to wash off your hands. It saturates everything it touches. When it's cold, it's kinda sticky and thick. When it's warm, it oozes into any place it can. That's my kinda grace. Grace like good 'ole fashioned butter. Not the whipped kind either. Grace that spreads. Grace that coats. Grace that fills.

This past week, I have been inundated with friends who have called me discouraged. It breaks my heart. I know it grieves the Holy Spirit as well, to watch the children of God in emotional distress. Last night, during prayer requests, I asked for God to give me the right words of encouragement, so I can say to those people exactly what God wants me to say.

All I can say is Grace. I need God's grace, and my friends do too.

But I know this: "But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."" 2 Corinthians 12:9

God's grace IS sufficient, and it is more than enough for us.

We just need Grace like Butter.

No comments: