Tuesday, November 14, 2006

11.14.2006

I've been reading the book of Proverbs that corresponds with the day of the month. I've been trying. What's been very funny to me, is the sheer volume of word plays between the righteous and the wicked, specifically those with wise mouths versus those who have "loose lips". Anyone who knows me, knows that being tight-lipped is not my strong suit. I am trying, but breaking 27 years worth of habits is difficult. :)

"A fool's talk brings a rod to (her) back, but the lips of the wise protect them." Prov 14: 3

Doing my homework last night, I ran across this scripture and am very encouraged by it: "... and if you cry out for insight and cry aloud for understanding, and if you look for it as for silver and search for it as for hidden treasure, then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God." Prov 2:3-5. Apparently, I missed it on November 2.

The Lord is totally messing with me and how I've done things in my life... even how I pray, and how their not wrong (per say), but how ineffective and confining they are. Even all my 'trust' issues... I've focused so much on not trusting God -- why would He trust me with anything??? Definitely a toe-stompin' for sure! But I needed it. I know that God is more than good... he's more than enough. In my silly little head, I can't fathom more than enough.

On a non-spiritual note -- in belly dancing last night, we started working on choreography for a drum solo. Very cool. I am quite sore today, but it's really neat.

It's a busy day at work... gotta run!

No comments: