Monday, November 13, 2006

Take the Cup I offer... and drink deeply of the dreams I dream for you...

Here’s a recap of the weekend.

Friday, I didn’t eat lunch. Left early to go to hear Jesse Duplantis at BJCC in Birmingham, Alabama with my friend Danielle. We arrived late, but all we missed was P&W. Jesse preached a great message based on 2 Corinthians 9:8, “And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.” He spoke about faith, and harvest, and sowing seed (He did not ask for money FYI), and said this (and I love it) “You have what you say because you’ve been saying what you have.” Don’t we though? For instance, I say I’m broke, therefore I’m broke. This is not one of those I think therefore I am dissertations on life, but it definitely applies in the realm of what we speak. So… in faith I say, … I am married, soon! And I’m blessed! God knows the desires of my heart, and I don’t just mean my husband, I mean ALL the desires of my heart. Jesse also preached that God can provide all our needs, but He also wants to provide our WANTS. Anyways… I’m going to get the CD of the sermon. It was good!

Saturday morning, we had a Girls’ Group breakfast at Panera. I had a cinnamon crunch bagel, but was not impressed. Went to Books-a-Million afterwards until around noon. Had late lunch plans with D, but I decided to take a nap, a three-hour nap, and missed lunch. Then I just vegged out the rest of the evening. I have to be honest… I don’t miss my weekends of nothingness. I actually enjoy having lots of stuff to do, even if it makes me a little tired the next day.

Sunday… got sick yesterday morning, but met up with a friend for lunch. Afterwards, she and I went shopping in Calhoun, GA, and just had a good time. Last night, Avalon performed at Lee. It’s been a few years since I’ve seen then perform in concert, but they did a few old songs (Jody was very disheartened to say they actually had old songs – Avalon has been a group for 11 years), but it was really good.

This morning on the way to work, I popped in A Maze of Grace, and listened to a few songs. I think I will always love Adonai… it’s just my favorite Avalon song. But this one came on, (it’s the last song on the CD), and I wanted to share the words. The chorus lines up with everything that has been going on with me… in my heart… in my soul… in my head. My little mind can’t fathom the things that God dreams for me. They are SO MUCH MORE wonderful than I can even imagine.

Dreams I dream for you
You taste the tears
You're lost in sorrow
You see your yesterdays
I see tomorrow

You see the darkness
I see the spark
You know your failures
But I know your heart

The dreams I dream for you
Are deeper that the ones you're clinging to
More precious than the finest things you knew
And truer than the treasures you pursue

Chorus
Let the old dreams die

Like stars that fade from view
Then take the cup I offer
And drink deeply of The dreams I dream for you

You see your shame
But I see your glory
You've read one page
I know the story

I hold a vision
That you'll become
As you grow into the truth
As you learn to walk in love

Chorus
Let the old dreams die
Like stars that fade from view
Then take the cup I offer
And drink deeply of The dreams I dream for you

No comments: