Friday, November 17, 2006

11.17.2006

God makes me laugh sometimes. I think I've mentioned this, but lately, God has been pretty quick about responding to some things. Last night, I had a rather lengthy conversation with my grandmother and then my mother about my cousin and all her D-R-A-M-A. (FYI, Keli is 26 weeks pregnant with a little boy now due sometimes in late February or early March. This means she got pregnant around May... coincidentally around the time she graduated from high school. I can only disgusting assume they were celebrating.) ANYWAY... I got on a little tyrade, and my grandmother, of course, didn't approve. I told her that this Christmas I was going to say something! I told her that all these years of us being silent, and a few members of my family acting stupid accomplished nothing. THEN,... last night I was reading Proverbs 17, which begins with this verse: "Better a dry crust with peace and quiet than a house full of feasting with strife." (v. 1). I seriously laughed out loud. And... as only God can do, I am reminded to keep my mouth shut, because it would be better for us to have food in quiet, than our usual "feast" in strife and discord.

I told you all that God keeps me humble. Very funny. :)

No comments: