Friday, October 12, 2007

And so...

I have been relatively silent this week. As I mentioned, I have been really, and I mean really busy. I've also been in one of those funks where I read blogs, and then start to judge myself compared to others and it's a vicious downward spiral where you can't get out and you think you shouldn't blog anymore because you don't have kids or a husband or something political to talk about or some such nonsense as that or jealous that I don't have a whole bunch of comments thus reminding me that I am boring.

(Breathe)

And then I have to remind myself that this is not why I blog anyway. I don't blog in the hopes of snagging a husband or having the second immaculate conception. It just ain't happening. I blog 'cause it's me, and I like it, and I need some sort of avenue to express/vent/all-that-jazz and this is it. So, I've had to recollect my thoughts, and so... here I am.

Seemingly unblogworthy and all. But, for the moment, I don't care.

On top of that fact that I have been unbloggy this week, I have also been Crabby Patty, getting annoyed with everything and sort of snapping at the hinges. You can imagine how NOT-SO-FLATTERING that is. I don't know why I have had such a snotty attitude. And it's not why you think. As Carlene from Designing Women would say, "My cousin is NOT visiting this week". I can only assuming I am spontaneously turning mean.

Maybe I can Calgon that away? Pray, Saints, Pray.

I have had a lot to think about while training this new guy and all. Teaching someone what you do gives you perspective to see where any inefficiences are, or where something really great is. I've been stretched emotionally because, whether or not he is judging me, (as I am having a hard time not making some assumptions about him), it's requiring me to constantly remember that, we don't get paid to judge. We get paid to do.

Anywhoodle. I had a lot more in my head that I wanted to share, but right now... I can't remember what it was anyway.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I look forward to reading your blog every day because it is yours. It is fabulous, eloquent, honest, and funny. It is just right. xoxo

Your NTBNPF

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with NTBNPF, and I I know who it is!!!! I have a husband, kids, and grandkids and my big blog was a copied prayer, an answer to you and having a yard sale ~ now that's exciting stuff, huh!!!!!!! You are wonderful and and inspiration ~ I mean, look's who's blogging now!!!!! love ya, Bits!!!