Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I'm confident that this is one of the signs that Jesus really IS coming soon.

I know that I've blogged before about how funny my Mom is. Shirley is hysterical. And 99.9% of the time, she's funny by accident. I grew up with a Mom who doesn't always get comedy, but laughs when she sees or hears everyone else laughing. (And Trust me, it's always funnier than what you're laughing at!) She has this silly non-conventional sense of humor that my brother and I especially love.

Back in March, the Mom's career was totally changed (it's a long story), and now she has every Tuesday and Thursday off. Growing up, my mother rarely had a day off. I mean, we seriously didn't take a family vacation for about 10 years, just because she always had to work. Mom especially loved Saturdays because it was the only time she could veg and just watch tv or rest.

But now that she has every Tues and Thurs off, she's been watching a little more tv. Case in point:

My mom and I were on the phone this morning, talking about all kinds of stuff, and then she says,

Mom: You know I was watching tv the other day, this guy named Julio. He has a show. He used to be a rapper back in the day, but now he's got five kids, one boy, and four girls, and he cried on tv because they're lazy and don't want to work.
Me: (SHOCK!) Mom, who were you watching?
Mom: Some rapper named, I think his name was Julio?
Me: Mom, do you mean COOLIO? Mom, were you watching Coolio?
Mom: (Clearly excited) YES! Yes that's who I was watching! He was talking about his kids and how unmotivated they were.
Me: (laughing uncontrollably)

Then, she proceeds to tell me she's also been watching Kimora Lee Simmons (She called her Kimono at first), and the Real Housewives of Atlanta.

This all coming from the same woman who had MTV blocked out of our house for 8 years growing up.

Yep, if you don't know Jesus, go Here, because TRUST ME, My mom watching Coolio on TV means that Jesus is coming SOON.

1 comment:

The Miles Family said...

well that has to be the funniest thing i've read all day! :)
mom's are crazy!