Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Over the last ten months or so, my Mom and Stepdad have been remodeling their house. Well, I should actually say over the last five years (I started the proverbial ball rolling when I gifted carpet for the entire house), but it's taken a while to get them on board with me to make the necessary changes.




I wish I had taken an initial set of pictures of what each room looked like from the start. My mom, is a lover of White Walls. I'm not really sure where she gets that from considering we moved around alot. Or maybe it's the oldschool nurse in her... I'm not sure which. And except for my bedroom in Gadsden, I've only ever had white walls. (The walls at the parsonage in Gadsden were a soft green. Coincidentally, "Geen" was my favorite color for many years.) I asked my Mom if I could paint my room black in high school -- I wasn't gothic, I just wanted a black wall, but my grandmother's threw a tantrum and told me she's refer to me as one of those "goth" kids, or have the church lay hands on me. I'm still not sure if I was more scared of being a goth kid or a cult kid, although neither matters.




No comments: