Wednesday, April 22, 2009

randomness

There are so many things I want to write about, mostly personal things, but I invariably wind up with four or five drafts saved and nothing posted.

I don't have the self confidence it takes to burst into a room believing that a party starts only when I arrive.

I do have the self esteem to know that you should never take boys back under the guise that either of you has changed. If you have to say it, you invalidate it. Change should be evident, it doesn't have to be spoken. And I'd go so far as to say that the girl was the weak one anyway.

I have the common sense to google things instead of calling my friends.

I'm trying not to write to 'hurt anyone's feelings' but I will. Therefore, I choose to keep on writing.

Sometimes, life sucks. But God is still God, even in the sucky times, and if we'd focus on him, we wouldn't be able to focus on the things that discourage us as much. (I.E., if we spent more time in HIS word, we'd have spent less time wallowing in our sorrow.)

You should ALWAYS clap for soldiers in an airport.

Righty-Tighty, Lefty-Loosy.

30 days have September, April, June, and November. All the rest have 31 except for February.

Fall Back, Spring Forward.

Strapless, sleeveless dresses are NOT appropriate for funerals. I don't care if you're burying Uncle Ernie in the middle of the Mohave Desert in the dead of summer. Have some courtesy for the ones who are living.

I judge people by their hands and their eyes.

Be original in context. You may not like me, but I love me, and that's okay.

I will never be a "Pink" girl. Seeing all that pink and princess stuff makes me queasy sometimes. And I have NO idea why. My Mom and I were discussing this, and neither of us gets why. I think it's cute for my friends who are, but I'm not and never will be.

The older (and somewhat more cynical I get), the more cleavage annoys me.

No comments: