Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I am not, but I know Who IS.

Last year, I purchased tickets to Deeper Still Nashville. Due to the nature of my job (don't ever be an accountant!), I knew I wouldn't be able to go. So, I contact another blogger, and asked if she could post that I had tickets to sell. The tickets were spoken for before the end of the day. Fast forward twelve months... the bible we're doing is what Beth, Priscilla, and Kay spoke last year at the Deeper Still that I missed. It never ceases to amaze me that God knows what I need when I need it. He knew that I would need these lessons now... for the season of life that I'm in... not necessarily twelve months ago, when I had some stuff (we... okay HE) was still working out in me.

From Priscilla: "How can I -- how can we -- walk confidently into situations we feel ill-equipped to handle? How will we stand on the platforms to which God has called us and face the crowds in our lives without shame over who we are and without fear about our ability to accomplish the task? We must come to our situation know that God equips for His purpose those He calls. He didn't select us to lead the study, mother the children, marry the man, lead the meeting, run the office, evangelize the tribe, or start the ministry because He knew we were already capable. Rather, He picked us up, dusted off our incapability, replaced it with His ability, and secured our success when we chose to rest and trust in Him to work supernaturally in us."

No comments: