Tuesday, September 2, 2008

New Jhork. I loves New Jhork.

Another labor day in NYC, and I find myself changed, again. I absolutely love visiting because it gives such perspective. I know this may sound presumptuous, but I feel like I gained/learned more in this trip than in the last few trips. While I was waiting at the Atlanta airport, I picked up Looking for God by Nancy Ortberg. I'm a big fan of her husband's work, and Nancy did not disappoint. I don't want to give away the book, but I can tell you I'm going to recommend doing a bible study on it. She's great.

While in NYC, I also managed to catch Altar Boyz. It's about a christian boy band, and it was absostinkin'lutely HILARIOUS. I knew about the show because I was a fan of So You Think You Can Dance contestant Neil Haskell. Turns out, he was kind of a jerk and wouldn't take a picture with me, but I got pics with the four other altar boyz. If you ever get a chance, I highly recommend this show.

I walked a bazillion miles this weekend too. It was fabulous. :)

Lastly, I thought I'd leave you with some pics.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

sorry Neil wasn't his usual nice self, but glad you enjoyed the show!

Aims said...

Who is the hottie in the first picture with you? If he is in Altar Boyz, I will definitely have to catch that show:-)

Jules said...

I love me some NYC too! Glad you had fun...i'm kinda jealous! :)

Broken Shadows said...

I wanna GO BACK!

Soon... Maybe Soon HA!