Monday, September 8, 2008

Monday Morning Stuff

I realized that I should probably modify my "I..." list from the other day, because what I really hate, is to have to cut my nails. But, I can't stand my nails to be different lengths.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

There is a guy who has recently come back into my life, and I find myself struggling to not let "old Jenn" come back. I'm actually having to fight back feelings. It's weird because I seriously did not expect him to ever be around again, and now that he is, I'm in a really weird place. I guess that, by writing this, I probably should confront my feelings and either walk away or tell him. The only part that frustrates me is that, I know he would feel differently if I were skinnier. And that hurts more than I can say. Pray for me, y'all.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I had the privilege to attend the General Overseer's daughter's shower yesterday, and can I just tell you how nice it was?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

The pastor preached a difficult message yesterday, but reminded us of God's reproof to Habakkuh:

"And then God answered: "Write this. Write what you see. Write it out in big block letters so that it can be read on the run. This vision-message is a witness pointing to what's coming. It aches for the coming—it can hardly wait! And it doesn't lie. If it seems slow in coming, wait. It's on its way. It will come right on time." Hab 2:2 (The Message)

God is not late, but He's not on our time table. Absorb it. Digest it. Get it.

2 comments:

Bitsy said...

The "I know he would feel differently if I were skinnier" comment just makes me not like him!! That's jerky!
love ya, bitsy

Staci said...

Thanks for the reminder about God's timetable. I hate it...but you're right :)