Monday, February 19, 2007

a.j.a.m. and other randoms...

So... I had started writing this post, and got a phone call, so I hit save as draft, and Blogger ATE MY POST.

AARRGGGhh...

I had decided that I wasn't going to give a play-by-play of my weekend. We had a blast this weekend!!! Getting to be with good friends, and share, and laugh, and be serious, was definitely good medicine for my soul. For me, getting to share what's been going on with life, all the gorey details, was beyond therapuetic. In my own weirdo way, I needed to see their faces, hear their questions, face their reactions. It's all good. Talking about stuff... situations... life in general... getting it out was so good. My friend V. encouraged my heart about marriage too this weekend. She is a beautiful, talented woman, and I desperately needed to hear the words of encouragement she had about it. There are too many people in my life who are dismayed with relationships, and she isn't. God is still the God of relationships. Everything in life ISN'T a struggle.

****************************

Yesterday when I got home, I was out for a bit, and then to a friend's to play Apples to Apples. I am now addicted. And, I think I'm getting a crush. Too bad they don't make crush medicine. I would self-diagnose my symptoms, take the prescribed amount, and in a few short days, this would pass. I'm terrified that: I'll get my hopes up, that I'm not good enough/pretty enough, that a friend of mine doesn't want to me have a crush on him either. There is a part of me that thinks I shouldn't be so open to share this. But it's been all the secrets, all the hiding, in my life, that make me feel an urgency just to get it out.

*****************************

Okay... today is too hectic to write all of this. Maybe later.

No comments: