Sunday, February 11, 2007

marathon weekend...

Friday night... I had to work late, then navigate a barrage of phone calls. I did not go to bed until 1:30a.m.

Saturday morning... Up at 7:00 -- Career fair with friend K. (I went as moral support), we got back into town around 12? Spent the afternoon watching David Caruso and knitting. Yes, my scarf is looking lovely!!! I really am proud. Now onto baby blankets. I will truly save a fortune! Dinner with D. Girl talk. Really inexpensive food and two servers -- one who lives in Hawaii!! (I got so stinkin' excited ... it was ridiculous!) We came back to watch One Night with The King, but just wound up chatting. Did not get into bed until after 2.

Sunday... up at 7:45 -- off to Alabama. Got to see a some friends... (A. A. B. & S.) It was so good to see them!!! I love S. She is precious. I sent them "packages" today... along with one for Salty Sister. I hope you Ladies love them!

OOOOH... total PTL. I have a Buick Regal. I am a total BUICK girl. I absolutely LOVED Never Been Kissed with Drew Barrymore because she owned a Buick LeSabre, and of course the storyline. I was 21 before I got my first kiss, and my first car was a baby blue Buick LeSabre. I really miss that car! Anyway... my SERVICE ENGINE SOON light starting acting up before Christmas, and we discovered that the electric readers in my gas tank were not working, therefore, I was not accurately able to tell how much gas I had in my tank. I lived with it for a while, because the quotes to repair were $600+. Over Christmas, the light came back on, and my Granddaddy found a guy who would repair it for cheaper. So, I got my car back mid-January, and the day I drove it back, my SES light came back on. This is one of those problems that you can't let go unchecked too long. I was so frustrated. Everyday when my Mom and I pray together, we pray for God to let my car run like brand-new, and for Jesus Christ to be the Master Mechanic. This past Thursday, I was supposed to drop my car by the dealership to have it checked out, but on my way home, just prayed at told the Lord that I need a Miracle! I have NO plan B but to trust God to fix it.

Forward**

Saturday afternoon, I went to go get a manicure and pedicure, and Jehovah Jireh had fixed my car!! I cried the entire way to the nail place. Just FLAT OUT WORSHIP. I have to Give God the Glory for His ways with automobiles. His Ways are HIGHER than my ways. Halelujah!

*************

I finally finished the John Ortberg book. I am sad (that book has blessed my soul), but so thankful for the wisdom. I can't wait for the other books to get here!

No comments: