Monday, July 9, 2007

L4, Birthing Hips and God Lessons, Oh My!

I have lost the capacity to edit the title of my posts. I am very sad. :(

I had a busy busy weekend. I want to start by saying that, God is Sovereign. Epiphany, no? :) I am in awe of how God does things in our lives, in my life, to humble me, and teach me that He, the creator of all the heavens and earth, is in control, and is true to His Character and Covenant, with the Trinity, and with us. With me.

I did not anticipate this weekend being good for me. The "Somebody" got married on Saturday, 7/7/07. The freakin' luckiest wedding day EVA! per any stupid newscaster you watched. You can imagine that I was overjoyed. (Get the sarcasm folks.) Remember this, becuase I have a point later on.

Well, Friday night was relatively low key (my old youth pastor's wife came in town and I was able to hang out with her and her daughter and son (and technically Mom, step-sister, and nephew). I was supposed to take the daughter to get her hair "did" on Saturday by the lady that does mine. No sweat, right?

UNTIL I WOKE UP AT 2:00A.M. IN THE MOST EXCRUTIATING! PAIN! OF! MY! LIFE!

And I immediately knew that I had somehow knocked my L4 vertebrae out of line. It happened ten years ago, and it was awful. And at 2:00 AM! IN! THE! MORNING! it was equally as painful if not worse. I was WAILING. I called my Mom, crying, and all she could do was pray for me, and hang on the phone while I attempted to self-medicate until morning. A visit to the chiropractor (the ONLY one who was open because it was still the week of the 4th) graciously helped me out. The chiro had to take a picture of my spine and pelvis. After the most wonderful ultrasound treatment and heat therapy, he said, "Jennifer, I just need to let you know that have the best set of birthing hips I have seen on a woman in a long time. It won't matter if you have one kid or ten, you won't have any problems." My immediate response was to let him know that, currently, my birthing hips are as useful as my appendix. If they don't start getting some action, I'm going to have them taken out too. He cracked up and told me I should advertize!

But, I was pretty down for the count. I took some meds and slept most of the afternoon, since I slept virtually NONE Friday night.

Saturday night, Jenn H., Royce, and I went to Chatt for dinner, dessert, and a trip to the Walking Bridge. Amidst my ridiculously slow walking, and the pink bra incident, we had a really good time. We essentially laughed and shared for five hours.

Key words of the night: Sex, blogging, dysfunctional, Birthing hips, vertigo, husbands. Those are the best I can come up with for now... but please check their blogs for better updates. Better yet, watched the video!

Saturday night, I slept good thanks to: Muscle Relaxers, Aleve, and Ibuprofen. I like to think of them as my "Holy Back Trinity".

Sunday, after arising from my comatic state, I had a REALLY late lunch with friends, then my friend M. stopped through from a wedding in Cinci, and I watched Fever Pitch.

OOhh... and the point! I almost forgot! Crazy as this sounds, God knows me. I mean, God KNOWS Me, and knows that, this weekend, had I been able, I would have probably don't something foolish. Instead, He allowed me to be flat on my back to realize that HE is in control of my life, and that HE WILL TAKE CARE OF ALL OF MY NEEDS. According to His Will, not mine. Were it not for Grace, where would I be?

3 comments:

Warrior Priestess said...

Ugh, I talked waaaay too much on the video. I'm such a nut. I must have been smoking something. But you were pretty.

Jenn said...

You didn't talk to much, and I loved it. Did ya SEE my double chin???? You're hysterical.

Jenn said...

It was so much fun! Sorry I edited the video with more of Royce...I think she was not as shy. :) heehee...thanks for filming ME, though. that never happens!