Thursday, July 12, 2007

Vent

I'm so stinkin' tired of ambiguous emails. And ambiguously shady folks. UGH.

There are people in my life who I have put on a proverbial pedastal. I elevate them to some status that nobody but God deserves (because I believe that's idolatry). When they fall off, (or jump off), I have been hurt at the realization that the person was not who I thought they were. This week, I've had experience on the flip side. People thinking they KNOW me, when in reality, they know NOTHING about me. And of course, I fall off their pedastals of dillusion in dramatic fashion, and they're suddenly surprised and angry that I'm OH! MY! Human.

I'm just so over this.

***************

On a different note, church last night was really good. It was our pastor's wife's birthday, so we had cake! I didn't eat any, but my friend's husband had three pieces. I imagine he was bouncing off the walls. And she talked about trust and faith. I want to share the general thought of last night, because it was really good!

There are two schools of thought that exist in response to prayer: 1) pray and ask for it, then believe that God will do what you pray (in accordance with His Will of course), but you put faith in believing that God will answer your prayer and you won't have to ask again; and 2) cry out and pray repeatedly, i.e. continual intercession for a need.

She used the scriptural reference for prayer versus crying out, and although I don't have them handy, I thought it was very interesting. There have been needs in my life where God answered very quickly. Whether it was healing, or peace, or just intervention in a particular situation. Then there are other times in my life, one that comes to mind in particular, where I prayer for God to answer and it took 13 years. I'm still praying for a husband too, and that's going on 16 years. Either way though, our faith shouldn't be shaken. God is true to the covenant with His people and with Himself, and regardless of the time frame (which is essentially God being on time in His time frame), He will intervene. I'll try to get the scripture's up.

***

I just realized that have REPEATEDLY misused the words verses and versus. Shut the front door.

***

There is a man next door who makes a comment or compliment every time he sees me. I'm sure he means well, but Tuesday he called me "Baby", and today he called me "Lovely Lady", and followed me into the parking lot. He told me he was "follerin'" me. (Follerin' = southern version of FOLLOWING). Jokingly I said, " You know, stalking is an offense. I think we need 500 feet between us." As you can imagine, he 'bout swallowed his teeth and promptly went back inside. What in the world was I thinking? I quickly apologized because I was just kidding... well kinda..., but the damage was already done.

My co-workers have now dubbed me "ManEater". I don't think I'm a Maneater, a little mean perhaps, but not a maneater. I think I'm a magnet for strange men sometimes. Did I blog about the truckdriver after the fireworks?? (I'll have to read my own blog...) We've even had more than a few men follow us back from lunch and pull in the parking lot (I go to lunch with my (female) boss and another female co-worker). My roommate was talking about "The Factor", you know those girls who ALWAYS get the guy. I must have "The Weird Factor". Yikes.

No comments: