Monday, December 4, 2006

12.04.2006

I updated the links on the side. Burnside Writers Collective is now one of my favorites to check on a regular basis. It's just too funny. And Post Secret, is not for the faint of heart. Some of the secrets can be appalling, but the premise is what strikes me. We, as people, are more comfortable telling strangers how we feel than those we love. I am not exception. I want to send something in soon. And I might buy the book for Christmas. It would be an awesome coffee table book/conversation piece.

Life is busy. Had friends in town this weekend; as always, it's good to see them. Ran into a random person on Saturday that I haven't seen in seriously ten years. He was either interested in me at one time, or his sister put him up to it, because I still have a card that he gave me. I'm sure he's a wonderful person, but in my awfulness, I never gave him the time of day. Now he's married with a kid on the way. Karma.

I applied for a contest to win lunch and shopping ($1000.00 from Macy's) with Patrick Kerney of the Atlanta Falcons. You had to send in why you thought you deserved to win lunch and the shopping. Here's my response:

Five Reasons I want to Shop 'til I drop and have lunch with Patrick Kerney.

1) My dreams of being a trophy wife won't happen because I don't wear a size 2.
2) Patrick should be able to have the lobster.
3) Because I'm trying to get out of debt and Christmas will be slim this year.
4) Because you had mercy on my slightly pathetic list.
5) My 28th Birthday is December 13, and I can't think of any better early birthday present than lunch and shopping with Patrick!!!

Yes, I know it's a cheap ploy, but who wouldn't love to have lunch and $1000 with a professional football player?

Gotta get back to work... Hasta La Vista.

1 comment:

Broken Shadows said...

Ok this is funny. Good luck on the contest HAHAHA