Tuesday, December 19, 2006

12.19.2006

Today is relatively unimportant. Okay... maybe to me. I'm sure it's critical to someone, a birthday, an anniversary, something, but to me... relatively unimportant. :)

I've been reading a lot of other blogs lately. I'm totally addicted to Post Secret (I actually bought one of their books), and ran across a similar blog site today, but it's really dirty, so I decided that I won't be reading that one. More than anything, I feel like I'm being nosy, but I justify this by saying that through the progression of technology and the change in what's cool (for example -- reality television) that my reading other people's public blogs is okay. In my defense, I am trying to let people know (by leaving comments) that I do read them, and in fact they are welcome to read mine. The only interesting thought here is that, most of my close friends do not have my blog address. I guess this makes it wrong, huh? I have made great lengths to be a more discreet blogger. I have a few other blogs, and in past have used them as a sounding board to attack people that I felt hurt me. I think I've even done it once or twice on here, but am trying to be hyper-conscious of that.

On to other topics...

Last night, I watched another one of the DVD's for the bible study that I'm doing. (When Godly People do Ungodly Things by Beth Moore) I just love Beth. Can I say that? She's encouraged me, and sparked so much in me. I just love it! I was hoping to get to meet her at Passion this year, but I don't think I'm going to be able to. So... I will probably just write her a letter and keep proselyting like I have been for people (women especially) to dig into a few of her studies.

"Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the LORD God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day. and they hid from the LORD God among the trees of the garden. But the LORD God called to the man, "Where are you?" Genesis 3:8-9

So here are my questions:
1) What does the LORD God sound like walking through the garden? Does He crunch leaves too? I'd rather not get into a debate about whether this was GOD or a theophany because it's not really relavant. So again I ask, Does God crunch the leaves? Or does He make an effort to step over things?
2) What does the LORD God ask Adam a question He already knows the answer to? I'm with Beth in that, God asks Adam (and all of us) questions that He knows the answers to, to incite confession in us, so that we can draw closer to Him.

I wish I had a better medium to share all of the things I am learning. God is so funny to me. He's awesome, (please don't misconstrude me for being irreverent), but He is hysterical to me. In my own weirdo way, I am really intrigued by the first ten chapter of Genesis. God, in all his sovereignty and omnipotence, could have done things differently, and yet He didn't. Everything could have begun and ended in just Gen 1-3, but He allowed the rest to occur. I wish I could articulate all that says to me about God, and all that I think God is speaking through man, but I don't have the words. To know that God fashioned me in such a way, and my husband in a way that is complimentary, all in alignment with His (God's) personality, is indescribable. And breathtaking. And humbling. And just Cool.

No comments: