Wednesday, December 27, 2006

12.27.2006

I'm really behind in posting things, but wanted to write a little note today! Part of me wants to tell everyone what is going on, but the other part of me wants to wait until I have definitive news to share! Either way... life is busy and exciting for me.

The next three months hold an adventure that I am anxious but excited for. They are a time of restoration and new beginnings. My friend M. put this scripture in my birthday card -- "Forget about what's happened; don't keep going over old history.Be alert, be present. I'm about to do something brand-new. It's bursting out! Don't you see it?There it is! I'm making a road through the desert, rivers in the badlands." (Isaiah 43:18-19, The Message) Really I like every translation, but the Message works wells. The NIV says "I am making a way in the desert, and streams in the wasteland". Sometimes, life is a wasteland. We get sucked dry of the vigor and zeal that we have. However, I can't help but get excited that God is doing a new thing in and for me! He is refreshing and revigorating the wasteland in my life. I love it!

2006 has definitely been an interesting year. I've already been a little introspective, but the pending NYE will bring much more. Frankly, I think it's okay... because I now know what I don't want to do in 2007! I have more goals, I want new things, different things, excitement in my life like never before.

Here's the nugget that I am sharing though: Stop trusting your feelings. They will deceive you. The Holy Spirit will give you discernment and intuition. Trust what you know. If you feel that tinge in your gut and it's telling you to run, then get your running shoes on. Don't stand around or move forward -- RUN. Too often this year, I have rationalized things to pieces, and in the end, I was the one that got burned. Reading old blogs and journals, I see where the Holy Spirit gave me GIANT RED FLAGS about situations and I ignored them anyway. God is still in control, but I know that I suffered more than I should have because I failed to heed what the HS was telling me. After what happened to me a few weeks ago, I also know that if you seek God about ANY situation, He will give you direction. It won't come in the necessary time frame that you think, but that's only because God gets the glory and we don't. Period.

I am simply Amazed at God's love for us. It is unfathomable and beautiful and unarticulatable and worthy of us giving our WHOLE lives back to God. Nothing less.

No comments: