Friday, December 8, 2006

12.08.2006

Well.. I hit another blocked site at work. This morning on the radio they played Elliot Yamin's version of Donny Hathaway's "This Christmas". Elliot reminds me of a guy I went to college with, but E's version rocks. Go to Aol music or ITunes and download it. It's really good. I may even spring for his Christmas album.

Funny thing... this morning I was putting my make-up on at my desk (at almost 10:00a.m), and all of this sudden this voice says, "Well Hey There Purty!" I almost poked my eye out with my eyeliner. Only in the south would something like that pass for acceptable. It was very funny.

I did not make it to Atlanta last night, because the only jacket I had was leather (not good for keeping out wind), and it was in the teens in the ATL. Plus, my car was almost blown off the road because of the winds, so I decided to head back home and chill. Did have dinner with my friend K., and we had a good time. Bible study was good too.

In other really exciting news... my service engine soon light came on a few days ago. It's repair (had it been significant) could have cost me upwards of $700. Instead, God healed my car and the light went off. (Turns out that I just didn't tighten the gas cap enough the other day and it threw my ultrasensetive Emissions system into a frenzy.) But... God is good all the time. And He heals cars in case you didn't know.

My weekend is now super-busy, but I secretly have a desire to go home and see my family. At the rate I'm going, it will have been an entire month since I've seen them, and sometimes, that's just too long. We'll see. I do have to find something to wear to the symphony this weekend, and may be driving back to Atlanta to find something apropos.

To all my friends who read this, my question is, just shy of world peace, absolving world hunger, or solving the national deficit, What Do You Want for Christmas?

No comments: