Thursday, December 14, 2006

So, I was looking at CNN.com today and ran across this article from Jay Bakker (son of former televangelist Jim Bakker).

Having gone through my own ridiculous crisis lately, I have a few questions for you.

I Corinthians 13:4-7 "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."

So here are the questions and my responses. I appreciate your comments.

1) Is your love patient? No. My love has been patient (and still can be), but I'm notorious for being impatient.
2) Is your love kind? I'd like to think so. I do love people. I don't always know how to express things, but I'd like to think it's kind.
3) Does your love envy? I'm still battling this currently, so yes.
4) Does your love boast? Maybe by virtue of my doing this, I should be more convicted of boasting, even though (again) that is not my intention.
5) Is your love proud? Not sure. I had to keep my love for one person in particular in secret and it felt like it was killing me.
6) Is your love rude or self-seeking? Yes. Very emphatic.
7) Is your love easily angered? YES. (I feel more convicted now than I can say.)
8) Does your love keep a record of wrongs? I'm sad to say yes. That whole "He hurt me" line is running through my head and it sounds ridiculous.
9) Does your love always protect? No. I desperately want it to, but it doesn't.
10) Does your love always trust? No...
11) Does your love always hope? This is one of those questions I can answer a resounding (loud) YES. My love does hope. My love hopes beyond all the yuckiness I see as evidence and wants to see a miracle (not just in my life, but in everything).
12) Does your love always persevere? After the way I've acted the last two days, I must say no. Sometimes, my love does persevere; other times, I allow love to become frustrated and discouraged.

Maybe I should work more on answering these questions better...

No comments: