Monday, December 1, 2008

The Holiday Spirit!

  • it's 12 days until my birthday, and I have a secret!
  • I'm finishing my first batch of Christmas cards. Miranda is by far getting the funniest.. or at least the one that shows I have the same humor as say, a 13-year old boy.
  • First round of cards = 18.
  • I'm expecting at least four more rounds.
  • Which also means NONE of my friends are getting presents since I'll be giving the United States Postal Service $32.80 in postage alone.
  • That does not include the $24.00 in postage from mailing out Christmas invitations last week either.
  • I am currently cooking for FOUR Christmas parties.
  • I'm still not sure how I got "voluntold" for the last two of those either!
  • I did not get to go shopping until Saturday night and I managed to spend $350.00 in two hours.
  • Thank The Lord I didn't go any sooner or Bank of America would be calling me!
  • But PTL for putting money in my Christmas club this year!!!!
  • At the present moment, it is SNOWING OUTSIDE MY OFFICE.
  • Sweet!
  • Over the Thanksgiving weekend (Wednesday - Sunday) I drove 20.66 hours.
  • Mostly in the rain.
  • People from Ohio should not drive in the South. Anywhere.
  • Take a cab folks.
  • People from Florida mistake I-85 and I-75 for the Daytona 500.
  • My mom and I almost got on a plane Thursday because we were missing New York City.
  • The Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta airport is by far the coolest place to peoplewatch.
  • Christmas, two years ago, My Mom and I saw Andre 3000 there while waiting for my brother's plane to land.
  • That led to her asking if his son (who was with him) was Andre 3500.
  • And she promptly cracked herself up.
  • Ha ha ha ha ha ha.
  • Happy First Day of December!!!!

What are you doing today to get ready for Christmas? Did you go shopping at midnight or 5:00am?

2 comments:

The Miles Family said...

hummm.... this time last year i had already finished all my shopping... this year i've bought less than 1 bag full of random goodies for my kids... that's ALL!
i went shopping with my aunt about lunch time on Friday. only bought stuff for myself! oops!
we have a christmas party tonight to help us kick off the christmas season!

Butterbean said...

I only have 2 nieces and 2 nephews left to finish! Whoo hooo! ps - didn't shop AT ALL this weekend! =)