Tuesday, March 14, 2006

03.14.2006

Here is a passage from Elisabeth Elliot's book Passion and Purity:
"Women are always tempted to be initiators. We like to get things done. We want to talk about situations, get it all out in the open, deal with it. It appears to us that men often ignore and evade issues, sweep things under the rug, forget aobut them, get on with projects, business, pleasures, sports, eat a big steak , turn on the television, rollover, and go to sleep. Women respond to this by insisting on confrontation, communication, showdown. If we can't dragoon our men into that, we nag, we plead, we get attention by tears, silence, or withholding warmth and intimacy. We have a large bag of tricks." "Resist the temptation to trifle with other people's feelings."

Everynow and then, I really read a passage that slaps me in the face. If you know me, then you know this is me. I'm a TRIFLER, but it backfires on me ALL THE TIME.

Work was very somber today with the passing of a director of the adjacent department in my floor. It was very, very sad.

We sort of stalked my boss' soon-to-be-ex-husband today. She keeps wanting to lash out at him, (for once, I don't see what good that does,) and even told her to be nice to him. She told him 'thank you' on the phone, and he was so shocked, he asked her three times if she was okay. I really need to practice more of what I preach. I don't want to be mean, or manipulative or trifling, but what I don't want to be and who I really am seem to conflict more than I would like. Definitely an area in my life that needs improvement.

Not much to say right now. Just wanted to share that passage. :)

No comments: