Sunday, March 19, 2006

03.19.2006

T.C. Upham Inward Divine Guidance: "The disposition... to leave the dearest objects of our hearts in the sublime keeping of the general and unspecific belief that God is now answering our prayers in His own time and way, and in the best manner, involves a present process of inward crucifixion which is obviously unfavorable to the growth and even the existence of the life of self."

"Unless a man is prepared to ask a woman to be his wife, what right has he to claim her exclusive attention? Unless she has been asked to marry him, why would a sensible woman promise any man her exclusive attention? If, when the time has come for a commitment, he is not man enough to ask her to marry him, she should give him no reason to presume that she belongs to him." "But I don't think I can do that. I'm not the strong type."

I love things that challenge me positively. I find myself struggling for acceptance and really compromising. It's almost second nature to me. I found that in instances in my life, I numb out for fear of rejection. I am continuing a book that challenges my personal passion with a story of purity, strength, fortitude, dedication, and perserverance to see that "IT" really is worth everything they say it is, and more, if I will be patient and wait.

Had a nice weekend with some friends from home... I am so thankful for my heritage, and really want to strengthen my convictions more, instead of buckling to pressure or acceptance.

Love is a many splendid thing.

No comments: