Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Confirmation that I'm not crazy...

I haven't shared (nor did I have any intention to share) what's kind of being going on with me lately.

But, you know, God has to just show out and all, and then I get excited, can't contain it, and well... here we are.

God is good, isn't he? Let me rephrase that: GOD IS GOOD, AIN'T HE? He is so marvelous. Just absa-stinkin'-lootly-fabulous. And he rocks my socks off. (Literally. I am barefoot as I type this.)

I think you all know (unless you read from a disassociated frame of reference) that I have been in a funk, to say the least, as of late. But then there comes a jolt of "Get it together" juice from the Holy Spirit, and I wind up back to where I started originally.

The last few weeks have been busy, at work, in my personal life, and with friends. And I've gone to bed each night with a heaviness about stuff -- different stuff based on the day. And each morning, after awakening to New Mercies :), I find small confirmations that: 1) I'm not crazy, and 2) God is in the business of confirmation.

And I just love it. And I want to tell EVERYBODY.

So, I'm telling y'all!

The reality is that the actual details don't matter, but I'm excited to see that God is moving and shaking, even when I'm not moving and shaking like I oughta be. He's still God. On my bathroom wall, I have several quotes. I'm kinda of a quote junkie, if you will. But last night, something clicked, something in one of those quotes that I have read 100+ times got in my brain, and saturated my heart and is marinating in my spirit.

"Dullness, not doubt, is the strongest enemy of faith, just as indifference, not hate, is the strongest enemy of love." Peter Kreeft

And thus the realization that I've been DULL. A few of you are snickering now; I know who you are and God does too. (LOL!) Spiritually speaking, I've been dull. Kinda like the Taj Mahal. It's dirty y'all. DIRTY. And the best way to clean it is to pack it in mud, let it soak for two weeks, and then wash the mud off. The mud will take the grime that has coated that edifice and turned it yellow.

And that's what the Holy Spirit has been doing in me, and longs to do in each of us. God knows that we are dirty. (Insert anecdoctes relating sin to dirt HERE.) But the Holy Spirit has been packing us in mud, (No wonder we've been uncomfortable), to loosen up the grime that has covered our hearts and live.

But the water that washes all of that away is coming. It is here. So get ready to get wet and be clean. And not dull anymore.

No comments: