Tuesday, May 29, 2007

My brain is a jumbled mess this morning as I try to write an entry. I have a thousand things to say, and am at a loss to put them together in a coherent form. So, how ‘bout a bulleted list?

  • Friday night, I took a cab from the airport to my brother’s apartment. I was on the phone with a friend of mine and she asked what I was doing. So, I told her, “I’m in a cab on the way to meet John Mark”. Her (priceless) response, “BY YOURSELF?”. (Yes, I’m an adult now, so I should be able to take a cab ride solo and be O-kay. Very funny!)
  • Finally got to go to the Statue of Liberty.
  • Went to church Sunday, and my brother willingly agreed to go to the singles class. It was not what he expected, but I am so happy that he went. This also let to a conversation in the airport yesterday to remind him that I am the big sister, and sometimes I actually do know better.
  • Saw Waitress this weekend with Keri Russell. I was stunned to hear about Adrienne Shelley (I mean, where have I been???), but must honestly say that this was one of the best movies I’ve seen in a REALLY long time. And I wanted to beat Jeremy Sisto up mid-movie for his role. (P.S. Yay for my fav Nathan Fillion! He will always be One Life to Live’s Joey Buchanan in my heart!)
  • More reading and reflecting on the plane with the book, amidst programming a playlist for the screen on the seat in front of me. Delta is officially stepping up their “A-game” when you can program a music playlist that includes Def Leppard and the soundtrack from High School Musical.
  • David Caruso is now on my refrigerator. I purchased CSI:Miami magnets and a t-shirt. That’s right… I slept with David Caruso last night without any shame.
  • I’m now the proud owner of a Price is Right mug. Don’t be hatin’.
  • I got dehydrated TWICE this weekend because JM and I walked so much.
  • I did damage to my feet too. Not as bad as Thanksgiving ’04, but pretty darn close. I hope I don’t have to run after anything today or for the next three days, because that won’t be happening.
  • Can anybody explain to me why, at the South Terminal at Atlanta’s Hartsfield Airport, you can only access floors 1, 3, and 4 from the elevator? Do you remember when Bono counted 1, 2, 3, 14 in Vertigo? Is this the same kind of situation????? And why, pray tell, do I manage to foolishly park on Level 2???
  • I believe that I, ALONE, keep Kleenex and Kimberly-Clark in business. I use more Kleenexes than anyone should EVER have to.
  • My eyes are still not well. I think I’m going to self-diagnose and keep myself in glasses for a few more days.
  • I’m totally addicted to Burger King’s Chicken Biscuit.

I think that’s all for now. I have a lot more to say, but I’ll work on getting it together later. There’s work to be done. Happy Tuesday Interpeeps.

1 comment:

Warrior Priestess said...

My favorite picture is of you and the Statue. Although I have to say you are much prettier.