Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Mean Girls

There is a song by that title on the Sugarland CD. I think the song is kind of stupid, but after an email I got this morning, it's appropriate.

PREFACE: I'm taking a backseat to sensetive blogging today. Stop reading if you don't like what I have to say. Or,... better yet... POST A COMMENT. I am not perfect. I don't profess to be ever. I have to ask for forgiveness DAILY.

I don't normally have mean posts. I get frustrated; I'm human. I get aggravated; I'm human. I do foolish things; I'm human. When I get angry, I lash out; I'm human. But I really try HARD not to be a mean girl, because I know that God will get me. He will find some way to humble me, privately or publicly -- God doesn't care.

With that said, I've had a recent situation with someone who used to be in my life. Things didn't work out, THANK! GOD! ALMIGHTY! PRAISE! JEHOVAH! HALLELUJAH! I really thought the situation was resolved, until I posted an entry last Tuesday, simply expressing concerns and thoughts. And then I got an email from the last person on earth that I thought would ever email me because I thought they had better sense than that. And then, in a bizarre turn of events, I responded. And then all HELL broke loose.

And then I went on vacation.

And then I come back to some FOOLISH emails. For the record, I gave the folks involved the benefit of the doubt. But I've just decided that there are people who are malicious and mean. AND THEY'RE IN MINISTRY!?! (And having been a preacher's kid MY ENTIRE LIFE, I reserve the right to say that unashamedly.)

I know this much -- I can't do anything to change people. My life is an ever-constant process of growth and change, and it's good, hard at times, but growth is and should always be good. (Unless of course, it's your waist size, and then you need to check on that.) LET ME STRESS THAT I ASK FOR FORGIVENESS EVERY DAY, OFTEN MORE THAN ONCE!

However, if you WILLINGLY do something that you know in your gut is not kosher, and your friends (those people who are close to you and you keep in regular contact with) are advising you to reconsider, or at least reassess a situation, but you do it anyway, then I'm at a loss for sympathy for you. Furthermore, if you don't deal with stuff, then YOUR CHILDREN will. THAT'S SCRIPTURAL. I've been on that road, and finally got the hint. God is the redeemer of our lives. He will cover us, and our foolishness, but that doesn't mean He will Bless it to the fullest, because it's not perfect will.

And... what comes around, goes around. You can call it Karma. You can call it what you want, or pretend to ignore it. But if you don't deal with it, then it will come back and deal with you.

Mean Girls make Mean Women.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

R, it deleted your comment! I will definitely check those books out.

Thanks!

Jenn said...

i think about this ALL the time....some of the people in ministry can be SO MEAN it's not even funny. but like you said we're humans and mess up. but there also should be some maturity too...sorry you had to have that drama!

email me the link to your new private blog! :)